Be a leader. Represent Wayne State College. Develop positive relationships between the college and the community. Applications are due March 15.
What are the Dean's Ambassadors?
The Dean's Ambassadors have a special task: to represent Wayne State College in the community, shedding a positive light on the college. These ambassadors foster relationships between the college and organizations in the community, including businesses and hospitals. They relay important information to prospective students and their parents so they can make an informed decision about attending college. The goal of this program is to recruit a diverse population to the fields of health, law, and engineering and enroll them in corresponding programs at Wayne State College. Meet the Dean's Ambassadors.
Apply to Become a Dean's Ambassador
Students in any major may apply. Ambassadors will promote programs in health, law, and engineering. The application process will take place during the spring semester for the following academic year.
Applications are due March 15, 2020.
Develop your leadership skills and represent Wayne State College, while also being involved in the community.
关于 the Dean's Ambassadors Role
Job term includes one academic year, from fall through the following summer. Compensation is $12 per hour, working approximately 4-5 hours per week and 60 hours per semester. You may even choose to receive college credit for your participation. As an ambassador, you will be trained to assist with recruiting, orienting, and retaining students. You may visit high schools, give tours, and correspond with prospective students. Once recruits are enrolled, you will help with orientation and peer mentoring.
- Eligible students include those who have been enrolled and who have attended classes at Wayne State College for a total of two semesters or more. Cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Successfully complete at least 6 hours per term while participating in program (summer excluded)
- Currently enrolled at WSC
- Committed to two semesters of participation
Essential Work Skills
- General working knowledge of academic departments, campus structure, campus resources, and campus life
- Ability to manage time commitments to ensure academic success while participating in ambassador activities
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with faculty, staff, and students
- Ability to work on a team
- Ability to successfully lead projects
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner
The Dean of Natural and Social Sciences and an admissions representative will work collaboratively to oversee and supervise the ambassadors. HHPS OA II will sign off on time sheets, communicate regularly with ambassadors, and coordinate activities. The dean will approve travel requests.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend and actively participate in all training sessions
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings
- Participate in approximately 4-5 hours of ambassador activities per week and assist with projects as assigned
- Assist with activities on weekdays, weekends, and evenings (targeted high school visits, presentations in middle and high school classes, family events)
- Assist admissions staff with on-campus and off-campus outreach efforts and events (college fairs, WSC Friday programs, WSC Saturday programs)
- Mentor and orient new students once enrolled
- Communicate with prospective students and families (via 电子邮件, phone, mail, and in-person)
- Other duties as assigned
- Dress appropriately.
- Be professional.
- Communicate clearly and effectively.
- Be prompt and timely.
- Respect diversity.
- Be enthusiastic.
- Be open to new ideas.
- Interact appropriately with fellow ambassadors.